Sunday, March 13, 2011

Zappa Musical??

No other road, no other way
No day but today
- "Finale B", Rent



I'm not at all surprised that Zappa would appear on a show as mainstream and well known as Letterman. What's with this musical, though?? I've done multiple google searches on this topic and nothing surfaced - this seems to be the only video or article (that I can find, anyways) that mentions Zappa's Broadway musical. If he was still raising money for it, it's understandable that it never happened - Zappa is very "out there", and people aren't always interested in putting money into something that's not the norm. However, he even had a target date for when it was going to be released! As a fan of Broadway and musicals, I definitely would have gone to see something like this!

The premise is really interesting to me, and the puppet idea has been done recently, so now's the time, I think, for the Zappa Family Trust to release this musical!

Maybe one day, it'll surface? :) In any case, it'll be better than the Spiderman musical!

Something else that shocked me a bit was his story about the policemen who were at his show and danced - he said it gave a whole new dimension to the police force. In everything I've learned and read so far, Zappa has been made out to be very against authority and police in general. It's strange, to me, to hear him personally say otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment